To create a meaningful evaluation of our environmental impact we have concentrated our focus on the following areas:
- What legislation applies to us and how we are complying with it
- Future legal requirements that pose risks and opportunities to our business
- Past and present pollution incidents and potential pollution risks
- Raw materials – including materials used in production processes and those used in the day-to-day running of the business.
- Packaging – how it is used, how it is made, how much it costs and how much disposal costs.
- Waste – how much our business produces of different types of waste, size and number of containers, costs of waste removal and frequency of waste collections.
- Energy – types of energy used, how much is being used and at what cost.
- Water – look at where and how water is used, the cost involved (including effluent disposal), waste and potential for savings.
- Transport – including the number of each type of vehicle, mileage per vehicle, type and amount of fuel used.